- Are you living paycheque to paycheque?
- Are collectors calling you at home or work?
- Do you feel stress because of money or debt problems?
- Has your bank account been frozen?
- Are you bills in a constant state of arrears?
- Are you experiencing extreme anxiety due to your financial situation?
- Have you gone to other organizations for credit counselling assistance, only to find that your needs have not been met
- Have you recently applied for bankruptcy?
- Are you making the minimum payments but your balance is staying the same due to high interest rates?
Budgeting and money management counselling
We provide information on money management, debt reduction options, and collection agency practices.
We promote the wise use of credit and money management skills on an individual, family and community basis. Workshops are available by request to workplaces and community groups.
Debt repayment programs
We may be able to get your payments lowered based on your ability to pay, and have your interest charges substantially reduced. People in our debt repayment program typically pay off their debts in about four years. This program is an alternative to bankruptcy and helps reduce stress by stopping collection calls and worries of legal action.
We provide counselling to individuals who have filed for personal bankruptcy and/or a consumer proposal, as required by the Bankruptcy Act.
Get help to control your debt so it doesn’t control you. To book a free and confidential appointment with one of our counsellors, call (705) 743-2272 or 1 (800) 274-1611, between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
We now also offer extended hours for some evening appointments, between 5:00-8:00 p.m. Call 705-743-2272 or 1-800-274-1611 for details or to make an appointment.