Debt Free 2018
“I love debt”, said no one ever! The time for New Year’s resolutions is fast approaching and many Canadians will add ‘getting out of debt’ to the top of their 2018 wish list. Credit Counselling Manager Steve Wesley notes that “Financial health is most often a fundamental prerequisite for physical and mental wellness.” Stress usually accompanies financial troubles and wondering how and when we are ever going to get caught up or get debt paid down is a never ending worry that many of us can relate to! A New Year offers hope that this year will be better, and things will turn around. 2018 will be the year that we will get ahead of bills and worry less about money!
At CCRC, our new year’s wish is that people will reach out, make the call and let us help turn things around. After all, “Turning things around” is CCRC’s tag line! At Credit Counselling Services, a program of CCRC, we understand that no one ever wishes for debt, and that many things outside of our control can impact our finances. We can help you look at your situation with a fresh perspective; identifying options that you may want to consider and help you determine your next step. A credit counsellor will listen in an understanding and non-judgemental manner. We are here to help.
Sometimes, it’s hard to know when to make the call. Credit Counselling offers these signs as indicators that it might be a good time to get in touch with us.
- Do you only make minimum payments on your credit cards?
- Are you near your limit on your cards or line of credit?
- Are you thinking of borrowing money to pay your debts?
- Are you using one credit card to pay another?
- Are you regularly stuck in an overdraft?
- Are your debts causing you and your family stress or anxiety
- Are you receiving disturbing calls or emails from your creditors?
- Do you feel you make a decent income but that it’s still not enough to go around?
- Are you borrowing from friends, relatives or pay day advances?
- Is it often a struggle to decide which bills to pay and how much?
- Are you considering bankruptcy?
- Are you concerned that any change in your income will make finances unmanageable?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, let CCRC and Credit Counselling Services help you turn your situation around. Make 2018 the year you decide to be debt free.