We all know the theory. Now here's how to do it and save it! There are various techniques that may work for you. Try one or several.
- Opening a saving account and set up an automatic transfer on pay days.
- Have a portion of your payroll deposit sent to a separate account, or even to a different bank
- Cancel debit card access to your savings account
- Use payroll deductions for Canada Savings Bonds/RRSP
- Make it a habit. If you need to use it, fine, but keep saving & don't get discouraged
- Above all, set goals. Saving is hard work so find that one thing that really motivates you and use it to propel you when the saving get tough!